Wednesday, January 22, 2014

21 Day Sugar Detox - Day 16 - Toughing It Out

Day 16 was really unremarkable except for the fact that I was miserable to the point of tears, but on a happier note, I got some good deals online shopping.  At any rate, I hate to be negative, but right now I'm just so very exhausted, I'm tired of spending almost my entire evening on most nights cooking and then cleaning from cooking.  I want something easy like a pbj to eat for dinner, just for one day to give me some breathing room.  No muss, no fuss.  That's not really possible when you want to be healthy though.  One thing that helped me not give in last night was hearing from P that the reason he hasn't been cheating is because I'm setting such a good example, that if he was going it alone he wouldn't be as accountable and wouldn't be as strict with eating healthy.  I think the only thing that is keeping me going at this point is sheer mental will-power.


My stubbornness is actually benefiting me for a change.  I can't promise that I'll make it through Sunday though.  I think we're going out on Saturday and I would really love to be able to order some good tasting food and maybe even a drink instead of just sitting there poking at an undressed salad.  I have already decided I need this 21DSD sort of framework to define my lifestyle, so it's not really a detox for me anymore, it's what my life needs to be from now on.  I just want a cheat now and again, a little relief from being so stringent.  I can say that I know this 21DSD has changed my life for the better.  I'll give you a review of the books at the end of my detox period with pros and cons so you can be more informed about whether you want to give it a shot.

As P says though, we didn't gain all this weight overnight, so losing it won't happen overnight either.  This is the price I have to pay for being so lax about my body.  Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed most of the recipes I've made on this journey.  But like I said, I'm burnt out. 

My day, as I said, was nothing special.  For breakfast I had some greek yogurt with slices of a green tipped banana (again).  Then I had leftover pork tenderloin and brussel sprouts for lunch.  I got a LOT of compliments on my leftovers in the kitchen and people were definitely jealous.  Makes me wonder if other people never cook for themselves or something?  I guess most people go out to eat a lot unlike me also, so they cook less because of that.  

Anyway, like I said I wasn't feeling so hot yesterday, or today for that matter, so for dinner I just pulled a bunch of veggies from the fridge and pantry that looked like they were on the way to going bad and made a red coconut curry out of them.

Yay produce!
I would have done a whole recipe up on this because it's so easy and flexible the way I make it, but I just didn't have it in me to do all of the photos and such.  I'll do better next time, promise!

In fun news, I got some great stuff on sale yesterday with some online deals with Zulily and ShoeDazzle. On Zulily I got a couple Rachel Ray kitchen utensils, a cute scarf, a summery dress in a size just a bit smaller than I am now (hey motivation!), a ceramic tumbler so I can be less wasteful at work with my tea drinking (right now I use styrofoam cups which is really bad!), some Life is Good lounge pants (I don't have any really cute ones right now and I like to walk the dogs in comfy stuff when I'm home), and a grey dolman top with belt for a total of $75.  Then I also got 2 pairs of shoes and 2 purses for a total of $14 on ShoeDazzle!  Yeah deals!  Also, if you like Vince Camuto, Zulily is totally having a sale on Camuto accessories right now including some super cute purses that I would love to own.  Check it out!











No comments:

Post a Comment